Today I’ve decided that it’s time to share 31 blasting self-love affirmations with you.
They are awesome. Let that be said 🙂
The self-love affirmations are like igniters for a loving, understanding and pure friendship with yourself. They are extremely posi-powerful words that radiate nothing but love, wholeness and bliss towards not alone yourself but the entire universe!
Why 31 self-love affirmations?
I figured it would cover a full month worth of affirmations. So, if you feel like it, here you have 31 loving statements to spread out over the course of a month to inspire self-love. As a gift from one soul to another ^_^
This is of course not the only way to go, there are countless ways you can use them. As a reminder, as motivation and of course as the traditional affirmation. These self-love affirmations are as flexible as you want them to be.
If you’re not too sure about what or why one should implement positive affirmations, check out my post Everything you need to know about positive affirmations for some clarity.
Basically, the practice of self-love affirmations can help you find motivation, inspire and energize you and it’s a great way of implementing mental self-care in the breeze of speech.
Personal experience practicing positive affirmations
There are a couple of times in my life when I truly believed all the miserable mental chatter that was going on, my mind was terribly clouded with unhelpful and depressing thoughts.
I remember how unhappy and worthless I used to feel… till the deepest core of my being.
It affected everything in my daily life. My moods would shift from sadness, to fear to a feeling of being worthless. My smiles weren’t pure anymore and getting up in the morning wasn’t as smooth as it used to be.
It was clear that I needed to change the way I was treating myself mentally in order to climb out that dark well.
I missed my old – radiating – self.
And at those moments practicing positive thoughts didn’t naturally occur to me.
It was the advice of a mentor, family member, friend or therapist. They encouraged me to think less negative and challenged me to so-called ‘neutralize’ my negative thoughts by thinking positive ones.
It took time, but without a doubt, the practice of self-love affirmations has accelerated my journey towards a lighter life.
It’s their ability to brighten your mood, set intention and liberate yourself from negative thoughts that make them so energetic and effective.
I’m not saying that by just practicing affirmations I was healed.
In the beginning, I kinda’ forced myself to take part in other forms of self-care until it became something I wanted to do because it felt good and made me feel more peaceful.
I have to mention though. Indispensable was the support of others, with their backing the journey towards a lighter life not only seemed, but also became possible.
So, if you’re struggling with yourself don’t be afraid of reaching out.
It’s in our nature to be social and interact with others, and if your mind is filled with unloving intentions and reasoning, why not open the windows to let love & light in?
But there is more that has to be mentioned. Psycho-uh-what?
Psyche as in relating to the mental structure of a person and somatic referring to the body.
Within the psychosomatic field, mental and emotional states are seen as capable of significantly influencing the course of physical illness.
I.e. asthma can be intensified by anxiety; high blood pressure/tensed muscles by stress. For this reason, I see even more benefit to practicing positive thoughts and mental-care.
This, of course, covers a whole different spectrum of health as it investigates the relationship between the psyche and the body.
It would be a bit overwhelming to go into this subject thoroughly here in this post, so maybe I’ll cover it later (would you be interested in that?). In the meantime, if you are looking for more info then I recommend you to start here. This is an article written by Doctor Roger Henderson explaining more about psychosomatic disorders and how we can make sense of it in our daily lives.
Exciting extra’s! Affirmations cards!
At least, I have to say that I’m very excited about this one… I’ve hidden a secret in this post…
Well, maybe not so secret if you are a Pinterest baby like me.
The treasure? I’ve designed over 20+ of these affirmations into awesome (if I may say so myself) affirmation card designs. They are hidden in this post! Where? Just click on the Pinterest floating social sidebar on your left and voilaaaaa.
Or visit Nomadsoulzz Wall of Growth to view them all!
What do you think? Save your favorite one!
Give it a shot!
Wherever you are on the mental-scale, the practice of thinking positively can only be of advantage and it’s a great way of taking care of yourself.
Just like a bath is good for your body, a meditation for your soul is a positive affirmation valuable for your mind.
It may feel awkward at first to say these words and you probably won’t fully accept them as the truth, but have trust that this will come in time. Don’t let it discourage you.
As you’ll come across in these affirmations, the core of them is to forgive, love and accept yourself as you are. That you are open to receiving love and ready to release the unhelpful thoughts.
I humbly hope this list can inspire you on your journey towards inner harmony. Enjoy!
31 self-love affirmations
- I forgive myself for not loving myself and I transcend all feelings of unworthiness
- I love and believe in myself unconditionally, I have limitless confidence in my abilities
- I am totally comfortable being myself and I release the need to judge myself and others
- I am discovering more wonderful things about myself with each passing day
- Loving myself is essential to my happiness
- I have a natural awareness of all the positive things in my life
- I deserve love, compassion, and empathy and share this with the people around me
- I alone am whole. I accept & embrace myself fully
- I am now creating my life exactly as I want it and is most beneficial
- I let go of my worries and stress
- I see the world for what it is
- I am a beautiful and successful person
- I have no fear of failure, I learn and challenge myself continuously
- I recognize the divinity in me
- I have respect for my thoughts, my body, my mind and emotions
- I am a valuable person and I help others where and when I can
- I am my own best friend. I am also a friend of the beautiful planet earth.
- I successfully release the need for thoughts that cause emotions like disgust, jealousy, anger, and anxiety.
- I let go of all the reasons and excuses for not loving myself
- I replace and neutralize negative thoughts with positive, loving and caring ones.
- I practice self-love without hurting anyone’s feelings.
- I have everything I need within myself
- I am more than a body
- I radiate confidence, self-respect and inner harmony. Others are inspired by my ability to be myself
- What I give is what I receive. I am open to receive.
- I am safe. I am supported. I am protected.
- I am powerful beyond my wildest dreams.
- The universe is conspiring to help me succeed
- I attract wonderful people into my life
- I am not my body, I am free.
- I let love in.